Lancer Kind is an author form the United States and for the last seven years he has delivered consulting services in China as well as the USA, and has spoken at Agile conferences in the US, China, and India. He’s a publishing author of science fiction and a project management comic series called Scrum Noir which made the Amazon best seller list for a week.
We talk about his bookwriting journey and specifically, how authors can use principled of Agile project management and Scrum for bookwriting. You can read Lancer’s Bio here.
You can Listen to lancer’s Interview, and his book Agile Noir by clicking below
DISCUSSION WITH LANCER
- Lancer Kind is the author’s pen name. He began writing since he was in grade 3 or 4. he was also an avid reader since his childhood.
When professionals who are not full time authors, write their first novel, it will typically be a fiction related to their profession.
- He has published several short stories. He believes that one of the best way of getting good at something is to keep trying and failing, an trying again. Short stories help in developing a habit of repetition.
My Day job is writing, my hobby is the work I do to pay bills
- Agile and Scrum and Project Management processes used in IT. Sources: www.agilemanifesto.org. Agile is a philosophy, Scrum lists the steps to complete the work.
- Lancer has written script for a science fiction movie project. He met the producer of this film while he was in China, titled Miss Weisenheimer and The Aliens.
- Agile Noir is the story of a project manager whose life and work are going nowhere. He meets a Rishi who becomes an Agile consultant for the protagonist, and finally is able to succeed both in his life and his work.
Special offer for MyKitaab Podcast Listeners: Follow this link to get 40% off on Print copy of Agile Noir.
Lancer wrote parts of his book when he was undergoing treatment in China. He learnt to write with his left hand.
Resources and Links:
Lancer’s Author Website
Lancer’s Amazon Author Page
Agile Noir Blog