Robert Delgado was a promising football player from Uruguay, who became a Monk, lived in Argentina, UK and India; and now is the author of The Rishis series of fiction/fantasy books. He lives in Argentina. Robert and I talk about his bookwriting journey, publishing experience and of course the Rishis Series.
You can listen to Robert’s interview by clicking below
discussion with robert delgado
- Robert knows 4 languages and a little of Bengali
- He has travelled to 15 countries over the past several years. He read books in Indian philosophy in Argentina. He also began delivering lectures.
- He became the editor of the Vedanta Magazine when he moved to London. He took a course in editing and also too courses in writing. He wrote the Vedantic interpretation of The Imitation of The Christ; which is the only book of its kind in the world.
- The Rishis Series is a fantasy series, but it is based on facts
“To be a good writer, you have to be a good reader”
- Robert Delgado began writing for the Vedanta Magazine using a pseudonym.
- The One Infinite Being is a work on the philosophy and teachings of Swami Vivekananda.
- The Rishis is based on a discovery made in Gonur Tepe in Turkamenistan, where evidence of Rigveda and Samveda was found. Robert was talking a walk in 2012 when he had an inspiration to write 4 books that form The Rishis Series.
- The Rishis Series is about how Rishis from Central Asia brought knowledge to India. It is a Tetralogy (4 part series).
- The Spanish Version of the first book is called Los Rishis y el Libro de Secretos. The Spanish version of the book is more successful than the English version.
- Robert had co-authored the Spanish version of the Kamasutra.
- Readers in Latin America prefer paperback books, or get them from the library. Fantasy is not a prominent genre yet.
- Book Recommendation: The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda (nonfiction). The Lord Of The Rings and The Rishis Series (Fiction)
Ways to connect with Robert
He is the author of Imitation of Christ: A Vedantic Interpretation, which is the only Vedantic commentary ever written on that Christian bestselling classic; and has translated Ramakrishna Paramhansa‘s main biography into Spanish.
In 2004, Robert Delgado moved to India, where he spent two years studying different philosophies and the complex Indian culture. In 2007, he made his last trip to India and became Swami Chidakarananda. In 2013, he moved to the Vedanta Society of Southern California. He is at present staying in Argentina, where he recently published The One Infinite Being, and continues to work on the fiction series The Rishis.
Robert Delgado was a promising football player from Uruguay, who became a Monk, lived in Argentina, UK and India; and now is the author of The Rishis series of fiction/fantasy books. Robert and I talk about his bookwriting journey, publishing experience and the Rishis Series. His other books include Spanish translation of the biograohy of Ramakrishna Paramhansa and the Kamasutra.